Have A Nice Day Cafe

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

a day at Chucky Cheese's

Being a parent of one child is different than being a parent of many children. Although as a child I always wanted to have the parent that would go to any lengths to nuture, love, and spoil their child; I never wanted to be that parent. I was exhausted a month ago with potty training. In my complete frustration, candy did not work, I told her that if she could poop in the toilet for 7 days (marking them with a sticker) she could go to chucky cheese. Good idea. For the next 7 days she pooped in the toilet, and then we went. I spent two hours following my child around with a cup full of tokens while children screamed laughed games beeped all around me. What she most liked was the small carousel. I saw one father there by himself with three children. One was a sleeping infant. He was having his sons follow him to the gambling games while he played to get the most tickets. He did get alot of tickets. Hundreds. Then he would feed them through the counting machine and then go to the prize center. One mother also with an infant by herself let her 22 month old run around unsupervized. I found this out because the little girl had fallen off the slide in the small playground and was screaming for her mother. I was there to comfort her while 3 dad's looked on not knowing what to do. I found her mom and gave her back. I subsequently was found by her three more times while I was there asking where her mother was. She wasn't tall enough to see over the partitions and get back to her table. The chaos at times was deafening. But the kids loved it. Andrea loves it. My mistake was not sharing with my husband the reward program. Now he wants to take her just when he feels like it. Using the same reason-you go poo-poo and pee-pee in the toilet. Even when she is still having accidents. He loves it there too. Hmmmm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home