Have A Nice Day Cafe

Friday, August 12, 2005

It has been a while

It has been almost three months since my last post. I have moved into a new home. Ok, new to me. I love it. One of the big changes in our house is that Bryan decided to get satillite so that we could get BYU TV. I get all those news stations now too. I thought I would feel more connected to the world watching news from around the world, but I only feel more disconnected and more confused. I was really confused the other night while I was watching BYU TV and you could tell it was old and then a prompter flashed saying "live from the salt palace." Yea everyone in Utah wears a mullet these days. I don't like most of the anchors on the 24 hour news casts. They make it all about them, and over dramatize the stories. And once you here one story everyone all day has to repeat the same details with the same enthusiasm as the first like they think you haven't heard it yet. What bothers me about reporters is that it seems like they want a dissaster to happen. They want people dead, and bad things happenning to people, because that's how they become stars. Needless to say I have not been watching as much news as I thought I would be. I have been watching alot of old movies as well. I have a really bad memory. Bryan will say, "remember when we watched this movie together?" I won't remember the stars, the title, the plot, or anything else about it unless I have seen it more than once. And I always have to watch it through because I can never remember the ending. I am always thinking 'this must be a deleted scene, because I can't remember this happening.' Another thing about having satillite is the childrens programing on the disney channels. If I hear one more time "a clue, a clue" blaring from the television I think I will go mad. One thing I am very grateful for and that is the lack of ESPN that has been on. We now can watch 5 or 6 channels of ESPN. Bryan is not watching any of them. It is great! I cannot stand to here details and talk about games, because I have found no value in anything in sports, but the immediate enjoyment of a good suspensful game in the moment- and only if it is live and I have a good seat (couches do not count). Speaking of, one of Bryan's client's is taking us to the Panther's football game tomorrow night. I hope his wife is fun to talk to, or we have good seats. I don't consider myself afraid of heights, but when you get into the nosebleed section of a professional football stadium--they don't call it nosebleed for nothing. I get very dizzy up there--yes more than I already am on solid ground Jason and David.

1 Comments:

Blogger valerie said...

hey lisa!!!
glad youre back i had almost quit reading youre blog!!!

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home