Have A Nice Day Cafe

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

YOU CARE

What is is about the human being that causes us to be so cruel to others. We have a reasoning brain, capable bodies, feelings and emotions. What makes us think that we have the right to hurt someone else. We hurt other people because they don't look like us, don't act like us, or if people don't think like us. I find myself in the middle of all these battles (of words) between black and white issues, gay and straight issues, conservative and liberal issues, and religious differences, really any difference that we have we like to fight about. I believe that the founders of at least this country (USA) said, ok the government will let people live and do whatever they want, as long as they are not hurting anyone else, and don't fight. I don't understand why someone would get beat to a "bloody pulp" because they are white, black, gay, from a different religion, or in any other way not like the people around them. Why does someone being different than you, or feeling, or wanting something different than you excite so much violence in ones heart. Really, if you were the minority, would you want to be beat up for being (the majority now) white, prodestant, God fearing, blue collar worker. That sounds rediculous, right. Even right here in my own life my in-laws hate it that I choose not to eat pork. I just happen to not like it. But because food is so much a part of family gatherings it has made them mad that I would not eat the ham someone had prepared. Mad, what do they care what I put into my own body? They care, so why aren't they happy that I have made a healthier choice for me. My own mother is enraged that I have chosen to let my daughter, not only play with, but be good friends with my neighbor-who happens to be African-American and yes, they are really first generaltion from Africa. My mother thinks that I should teach my daughter to fear and hate people that are any darker than an Italian. This sound rediculous to me. I say, let people live and make there own choices, as long as they are not harming others. I say, if you think someone is "sinning" and not living the way that you think that they should don't beat them, love them-because if there actions or the way they look excites anger in you-you care, and you would never harm someone that you care about.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not the fact that she is black lisa. When I was andreas age I had a black friend who i am still in contact with. but the fact that andrea might have been picking up bad habits over there that she was worried about.

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes, it's not necessarily because they're a 'different' color or have 'different' behavior, sometimes it is, but, sometimes it's about how those people have treated you in the past.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are way to hung up on the color of a person's skin and not looking at the real reasons people do not get along.
It has to do with culture.
In Mexico, the age of consent for sex is 12. Men who come from there, think it's okay to have sex with girls ages 12 and up.
Is that okay with you?
In many countries in Africa, where there are Muslims a procedure is done on girls called female genital mutilation, usually before they are two years old. It's a barbaric practice, where broken glass, or pieces of tin are used to cut the clitoris out and usually the inner labia as well. They are sewn shut, sometimes so extremely that they carry infections all their lives.
When these girls are penetrated for sex they tear open and are sewn shut again. Every time they have a baby, they are sewn shut again. The stitching is done on the major labia.
In Iran, women who have been raped are stoned for their 'crime'
The stoning process: The girl or woman is wrapped in mummy type swathing, with her arms over her head, snuggly so there is no wiggle room. She is placed in a hole in the ground and buried up to her hips. She is then ringed by hundreds of men who throw rocks at her till she is dead. It usually takes 10 minutes till someone hits a fatal spot with enough force to kill, or she dies of heart failure, from the constriction of that organ during the onset of shock from pain.
In most countries in South America it is okay to beat a woman with a stick, as long as it is no thicker than the man's wrist.
These are the people who are coming to America.
This is who we force our kids to intermingle with, with multiculturalism. Is that okay with you?
80% of African blacks have HIV/aids.
Will it be okay if your daughter turns up with HIV/aids at age 14, because she has been fondled at the African kid's house by God knows who, at age 4?
And why are precautions a form of hate, when you decide who your child will and will not mingle with? Would you send your kid to the home of a convicted pedophile, or other brand of sexual predator?
If not, is that hate?
You have some serious questions to ask yourself.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home